Samsung is working on an Android’s new firmware I9300XXIFME3 version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S3 smartphone, which brings a number of similar features as its successor, Galaxy S4.
The Android’s new firmware is still under testing by Samsung and they will release the official final Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3 around June.
If you know what you’re doing and wanted to give the new tested update a try, you can try it at your own risk! The blog will not be held responsible for any inconvenience, loss or damage to the device. To install the unofficial leaked firmware click here.
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget