Tim Gillooley, 34, suffered a huge electric shock when he reached down to unplug his daughters charger at his mother’s house in Widnes, Cheshire. Gillooley said he believes his eight-year-old daughter Chloe would most likely have been killed had it been her, instead of him, who had touched the device.
Gillooley was burnt by the shock, which threw him across the room of his mother’s house. He said: “There was a huge bang and it blew me across the room. I was in shock.
“I was hysterically laughing for about two minutes. It was a bad shock that went down my arm. My mum was panicking and Chloe burst into tears.
According to Mirror Online, Gillooley had purchased the iPad from the Apple Store in Liverpool for his daughter’s birthday last November, and had noticed that the iPad had charging problems, however, when he returned it to the Apple Store three months earlier, but was told there was nothing wrong with the charger or the device.
Last month, a Chinese airline stewardess was reportedly killed by an electric shock when she answered a call on her iPhone 5 while it was recharging.